Here are some places I’ve been featured in:
Young adult thyroid cancer patient grateful for personalized care – MD Anderson Cancer Center Cancerwise Blog
Best of MD Anderson 2019: Words of wisdom from our cancer survivors – MD Anderson Cancer Center Cancerwise Blog
Local company connects cancer patients, survivors – WROC/Rochester First – Rochester, NY
I Need You To Stay – Elephants and Tea Magazine
Global Virtual Cancer Conference 2019 – Panelist on “So, You Got The Good Cancer?” led by Ellis Emerson.
Here are some resources that I think are important. I hope you find them helpful:
MD Anderson links:
- MD Anderson website
- Endocrine Center – My “home” clinic
- MD Anderson’s information on thyroid cancer
- Kim’s place (bottom of page) A great place for AYA’s (Adolescent/Young Adult patients) to hang out at the hospital. There are cool video games, basketball hoops, air hockey, musical instruments, tv’s and art/craft projects. They have snacks too!
- Adolescent and Young Adult (AYA) clinic
AYA Related Links:
- Dan’s House of Hope – A home away from home in Houston, TX with additional programs for AYA’s.
- Dear Jack – This is a awesome AYA cancer organization created by musician and young adult cancer survivor Andrew McMahon. I highly recommend you watch the documentary “Dear Jack” if you are an AYA patient.
- Elephants and Tea – Magazine just for AYA’s!
- Humor Beats Cancer – A wonderful website for young adult cancer patients to tell funny stories from their cancer adventure.
- Stupid Cancer – AYA cancer organization with help and support.
- Lacuna Loft – A variety of free virtual activities for AYA’s ages 18-45.